Disclaimer & Terms
By entering into our website, you AGREE to the TERMS and CONDITIONS set forth herein. Sober at Home Inc. reserves the right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to change modify, add or remove portions of the terms and conditions.
Sober at Home Inc. is not a health care provider and does not provide any medical or psychiatric care. Sober at Home Inc. provides information, education, support, and encouragement for its web-based subscribers, which members use at their sole risk and discretion. Sober at Home Inc. does not provide any assessment or diagnostic services nor does it gather any health information on its users except substance use history to determine subscription placement. Sober at Home Inc. provides educational and informational services only and is not a substitute for those in need of professional medical or therapeutic services. If you are experiencing any medical conditions, cognitive dysfunction, or are concerned about the safety of you or others, you should contact 911 immediately to obtain immediate medical or therapeutic intervention. By agreeing to participate in Sober at Home inc.’s web-based programming, you are making the determination and agreeing that you are not in need of inpatient medical services, and you have made the determination that you can benefit from the educational services of Sober at Home Inc. without the need for medical intervention.
By utilizing the Sober at Home Inc. website and self-help educational and informational services, you voluntarily acknowledge, and accept that you have read, understand, and fully agree to the terms of usage of any and all portions of the Sober at Home Inc. Website, programs, products, workbooks or services in whatever format or content including podcast, downloads, print material and group work (collectively referred to as “Services”) that you may participate in or download which are disseminated from the Website. Sober at Home Inc. does not guarantee confidentiality for your usage of the Services. Any Website usage or materials that you utilize, download, or print may be subject to public viewing or can be subject to a security risk by the user.
Any and all information provided by Sober at Home Inc. staff is to be used at your discretion, and Sober at Home Inc. is not responsible for any decisions and choices made by you with said information. By accepting the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, you agree to hold harmless Sober at Home Inc. from all risks, liability, or damages that you may incur.
Sober at Home Inc. hopes that the Services provided will support and assist you in reaching your desired outcome. Success is an individual evaluation and will vary depending on your expectations, background, and current mental and physical health. Your own level of motivation, commitment, effort, and persistence will help you to achieve your goals.
Sober at Home Inc. makes no representation or guarantee as to any Services provided. You assume all risk and liability of and for such usage of the Website and Services contained therein. Sober at Home Inc. is not responsible for the success of any desired result or outcome. You are solely and personally responsible for your own growth, improvement, health, life, and well-being.
We are confident that individuals will benefit from Sober at Home Inc. services. Once a subscription is purchased, refunds will only be provided in cases where Sober at Home inc. cancels an entire phase of care or other rare exceptions. If at any time individuals make the determination that they do not wish to continue with Sober at Home services Inc., your account will be placed on hold, and any remaining eligible services will be kept as “site credit,” and may be used for future use of Sober at Home Inc. support services.
Subscriber Group Rules and Guidelines
PARTICIPANT GUIDE TO GROUP PARTICIPATION ON ZOOM
- IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR A CLOSED GROUP PACKAGE, YOUR ATTENDANCE IS EXPECTED FOR EACH GROUP. THIS BUILDS YOUR CONNECTION TO THE GROUP AND GROUP COHESION.
- SIGN-UP FOR OPEN GROUPS IS REQUIRED. AS GROUPS ARE LIMITED IN SIZE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMITMENT TO ATTEND THESE GROUPS AS YOU MAY BE KEEPING SOMEONE ELSE FROM BEING ABLE TO ATTEND THE OPEN GROUP.
- KEEP VIDEO ON WHILE IN GROUP. TRY TO AVOID LEAVING GROUP ONCE IT
- STARTS. KEEP YOURSELF ON MUTE WHEN YOU ARE NOT SPEAKING.
- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM FOUL LANGUAGE WHEN SPEAKING.
- FIND THE BALANCE BETWEEN SPEAKING AND LISTENING. GROUP SIZES ARE LIMITED FOR MAXIMUM PARTICIPATION. THOSE WHO ARE CONSTANTLY SPEAKING DON’T ALLOW TIME FOR FEEDBACK, AND THOSE WHO ONLY LISTEN, NEVER HAVE THE ISSUES AND PROBLEMS PERSONALIZED.
- IF YOU ARE UNDER THE INFLUENCE DURING THE GROUP, OR ARE SUSPECTED TO BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE, THE GROUP FACILITATOR MAY MUTE YOU THROUGHOUT THE GROUP.
- BE RESPECTFUL OF SELF AND OTHERS AT ALL TIMES. PART OF THE GROUP EXPERIENCE REQUIRES CONFRONTATION. BE OPEN, AND IN THE EVENT THAT THERE ARE DISAGREEMENTS, BE RESPECTFUL
- GROUPS MAY CONTAIN POLLS. PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN POLLS SO WE CAN IDENTIFY THE BENEFITS OF THE GROUP, AND SEEK WAYS TO ACKNOWLEDGE BOTH WHAT WE ARE DOING WELL, AND WAYS IN WHICH WE CAN IMPROVE.
- WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN AS MANY GROUPS AS POSSIBLE, CONSISTENT WITH THE PACKAGE YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR. WE ALSO ENCOURAGE YOU TO SIGN UP FOR SOBER at HOME SOCIAL MEDIA GROUPS, TO DEEPEN YOUR CONNECTION WITH OTHER SOBER at HOME MEMBERS. SOCIAL MEDIA SITES BUILT FOR OUR MEMBERS WILL OFFER BOTH OPPORTUNITIES TO SHARE YOUR SUCCESSES AND SHARE STRUGGLES, WHERE YOU CAN GET PEER SUPPORT FROM OTHER MEMBERS. MEMBERS WHO ARE CONTINUOUSLY DISRESPECTFUL MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE GROUP. ONGOING DISRESPECT MAY RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM THE SOBER AT HOME PROGRAM (SEE REFUND POLICY.)
Ownership of Site:
Sober at Home Inc. is the sole owner of this Website (“Site”) and all its content, including but not limited to, all text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, workbooks, podcasts, visual aids, written work and design arrangement (collectively referred to as “Content”). The Content is protected by copyright, patent, and or trademark. No part of the Site or Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, or publicly displayed in any way or to any other computer or server, or Website without the express prior written consent of Sober at Home. Usage of any and all Content or services of the Website are for personal use only and may not be used for commercial gain.
Sober at Home Inc. keeps a minimal amount of personal data to ensure functionality and accuracy of its Subscribers. You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Rights of Access- the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you
- Right to Recertification- the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to Erasure- the right to request that we delete your personal data
- Right to Restrict- the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your data
- Right to Object- the right to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation
- Right to Data Portability- the right to request a copy of your personal data for use n another party’s service
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making
- Right of Discontinuation- Sober at Home inc. is a voluntary program. You may choose to discontinue participation in the Sober at Home Inc. program at any time. See Refund Policy for further information regarding unused services.
- Professional Services- You have a right to receive services from Licensed and/or Credentialed professionals. All educational groups are run by such professionals. Sober at Home inc. may utilize “Peers” or other non-licensed/credentialed staff for individual accountability and support services
If you have questions about your privacy or rights, please send us a message at: [email protected]
What Information Do We Collect?
For the purposes of engagement and to facilitate subscriptions Sober at Home Inc. will collect:
- Demographic information
- Payment information- including credit card, and debit card information to process subscriptions
- Information about substance use
- Email addresses for those seeking inquiries and information about Sober at Home Inc. services. Emails will also be used as a primary communication tool with subscribers.
- Other information such as polls, surveys, etc. to measure the effectiveness of the Sober at Home Inc. program. This information is voluntary
All collected information is kept internally or with required 3rd party vendors. Your information is never shared externally without your express consent.
Sober at Home Inc. does offer 3rd-party links to information and services. Sober at Home Inc. is not responsible for maintaining your privacy when an individual chooses to visit a 3rd-party site which may be subject to their own terms, conditions, and privacy statements.
With your permission, we may ask you to provide a testimonial to share your success and assist in marketing the Sober at Home Inc. program to others in need. In the event that we request and you agree to provide a testimonial, your privacy will be maintained by not using your last name.
Sober at Home Inc. will utilize online platforms for Subscribers and alumni to stay connected in a healthy, supportive manner. Sober at Home Inc. has posted rules for use of such sites, but ultimately this service is to be used at the user’s own risk and discretion Sober at Home Inc. is not responsible for self-disclosures made on social media sites